How do I purchase your apps?
You can purchase our apps through your tablet or device directly from the App Store (for Apple devices: iPad®, iPad mini™, iPhone® or iPod touch®) or Google Play store (for Android™ devices).
Which apps are available for purchase on Android™ devices via the Google Play Store?
The following apps are available for download on Android devices: Working4™, R+ Remind, and iPraiseU™
Which apps are available for purchase on Apple devices via the App Store?
The following apps are available for download on Apple devices (iPad®, iPad mini™, iPhone®, and iPod touch®): Working4™, Wait4it™, R+ Remind and iPraiseU™.
The following apps are available for download on iPad® and iPad mini™ ONLY: PECS IV+, PECS Phase III and iHear PECS®: Animals™.
Do I need an internet connection to run your apps?
An internet connection is only necessary for the following:
- Purchasing and downloading our apps from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Sending emails to firstname.lastname@example.org via your Apple or Android device when using our apps
Which languages for your apps are available?
|PECS IV+||English, but app includes picture libraries in the following languages:
English, Spanish, Japanese, French, German and Greek
|PECS Phase III||English|
|iHear PECS: Animals||English|
|Working4||English, Japanese, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese|
Do you have demonstration videos available for your apps?
Demonstration videos are available on the Apps page for the following apps:
- PECS IV+
- PECS Phase III
Where can I find more information about your apps?
More information about our apps is available on our online product shop here.
If I have trouble with the apps and the list of Frequently Asked Questions doesn’t answer my question, what should I do?
Send us an email at email@example.com for additional assistance.
Apple, iTunes, and Apple Devices
Are your apps available for purchase through the Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP)?
Yes, all apps are available for purchase through the Volume Purchase Program.
What is the Volume Purchase Program for Education (VPP) through Apple?
The Volume Purchase Program for Education through Apple allows educational institutions special pricing on apps purchased through the program. Institutions enrolled in the program receive a 50% discount on apps when purchasing in quantities of 20 or more.
Learn more general information about the Volume Purchase Program for Education at Apple.
A Volume Purchase Program for Education Guide can be viewed here.
How do I purchase multiple licenses using the Volume Purchase Program for Education (VPP)?
For more information, read the Volume Purchase Program for Education Guide.
How many Apple devices can be connected via the same Apple ID?
Ten (10) devices (no more than five of them computers) may be associated with the same Apple ID and iTunes at one time.
What is Guided Access?
Guided Access helps you to stay focused on a task while using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Guided Access limits your device to a single app and lets you control which app features are available.
You can use Guided Access to:
- Temporarily restrict your iOS device to a single app
- Disable areas of the screen that aren’t relevant to a task, or areas where an accidental gesture might cause a distraction
- Disable the hardware buttons
How do I set up Guided Access to disable buttons that I don’t want my learner to use on the apps (Apple devices only)?
Where can I find more information about PECS IV+?
More information about PECS IV+ is available on our online product shop here.
Is there a demonstration video available?
Yes, watch it here.
How do I set up my first book in the PECS IV+ App?
Watch this video:
How can I learn more about the features available in PECS IV+?
Read through our Getting Started Guide here.
Are trial versions of PECS IV+ available?
Unfortunately, at this time there is not a trial version or free version available. However, there are some demo videos of the app available online that you might find helpful here.
When is it appropriate to transition a learner from a PECS Communication Book to PECS IV+?
In order to determine if your learner is ready to transition to a Speech Generating Device, we recommend that you review the following flow chart and article developed to answer this question:
How many images can be loaded into each book within PECS IV+?
Each book within PECS IV+ can support up to 20 pages with up to 24 pictures on each page (480 images total). If your learner’s vocabulary has exceeded 480 pictures, you will need to set up another book within the app to accommodate additional vocabulary.
How many languages are supported with PECS IV+?
At this point in time, PECS IV+ includes picture libraries for the following languages: English, Spanish, Japanese, French, German and Greek.
Is PECS IV+ being developed for use on the Android™ platform?
At this time, Pyramid is not in the process of developing the PECS IV+ app on the Android platform. However, this is certainly something we have discussed and hope to be able to move forward with in the future.
Does PECS IV+ offer multiple voice options?
PECS IV+ does not include multiple voice options. However, it is possible to adjust the speed and pitch of the speech synthesizer. Below are instructions to follow in order to make adjustments to the speech synthesizer within the app:
- Tap the lock icon in bottom left hand corner to enter Communication Mode.
- Tap selected profile (Drag or Drop; Drag; Tap or one of your custom profiles)
- A Dialog box with multiple options will appear. Tap on Speech Synthesizer.
- Another dialog box will appear. Adjust the Speed and Pitch of the voice up or down.
- Type text into the text box and tap Play to listen to the adjusted voice.
- Once you have achieved the desired voice, tap the back arrow at the top of the dialog box.
- Tap the Start Communication button to enter Communication Mode.
Is it possible to back-up the app?
At this time, there is not a way to back up the app to an outside database or website in order to ensure that all data is protected. However, there are a few ways users can backup data from the app (user pictures) via iTunes. Please follow the Apple guides on Backing up and Restoring Apple devices:
Is it possible to add “NO” symbols on top of images that are currently unavailable?
At present time, this feature is not available within PECS IV+. We suggest that the unavailable items/pictures be moved to a special insert page reserved for unavailable items. This is one strategy that is recommended for actual PECS Communication Books as well when “no” symbols are not available.
Help! The web search function in PECS IV+ no longer works. What should I do?
Unfortunately, at this time the web feature has been disabled within the app due to a change in Google’s policies. Google is what previously powered the web image search function within our app.
It is still possible to import images from the web into the app. However, it takes a few more steps. In order to import images from the web, please follow these instructions:
- Close the app and open Safari.
- Search for the necessary image via Safari.
- Once you locate the desired image, take a screen shot of the image using your device. The screen shot should now be accessible via your camera roll.
- Open the app and import the image via the import from photo library feature.
Is it possible to change the name of a book within the app?
Yes, it is possible to change the name of a book within the app at any time. To change the name of any book, follow these instructions:
- Tap on the book icon with the squiggly lines around it at the top left of the screen where all the books are listed. This icon will turn yellow once tapped.
- To change the name of the book, tap on the current name of the book. The rectangle that the text is in will turn yellow. You can now delete the name or input a new name.
My learner keeps tapping on the lock icon and using the code to unlock the app when in Communication Mode. How can I resolve this issue?
In order to resolve the issue, you will need to put the app into Guided Access after you enter Communication Mode and then disable the area surrounding the lock icon in the top right hand corner of the app. Guided Access is a feature on iPad that limits your device to a single app and lets you control which app features are available. Once this is done, nothing will happen when your learner touches the lock button on the app. In order for the teacher or parent to unlock the app, you will just need to end Guided Access. Learn how to set up Guided Access to disable the area surrounding the lock icon. Information about Guided Access is also available in our Getting Started Guide to PECS IV+.
Help! Every time I close the app, the individual pages get dismantled, pictures move randomly from one page to another and I need to re-arrange everything before presenting to my learner. What should I do?
Please try the following:
- Do a hard close of the app (Press the Home button two times quickly. You’ll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close. Swipe up on the app’s preview to close it).
- Lock the orientation of your screen to either Portrait or Landscape mode. You can use the side switch or Control Center on your device to lock screen orientation. Here is some information from Apple about how to use Orientation Lock.
- Once you have locked the orientation of your screen, open PECS IV+ and arrange the pictures as desired. The app should continue to be used with the orientation locked. This should solve the problem with the images being rearranged.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org is this does not resolve the issue.